The following is the newest in a brand new collection of weekly in-depth articles exclusive to PWTorch which can assist put in perspective major wrestling promotions with a weekly overview, taking a look at information and roster developments, outcomes, future line-ups, social media activity, key interviews, plus a timely commentary at the finish. We can be featuring comparable features on different promotions each week and every shall be up to date weekly.
- 1 •Top Stories of the Week
- 2 •WWE Weekly Event Outcomes
- 3 •WWE TV Match Results
- 4 •Upcoming Lineups for Stadium/PPV Events
- 5 •Upcoming Events
- 6 •Newest TV Highlights
- 7 •Take heed to the newest Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Publish-Show – Smackdown Publish-Show
- 8 •WWE Social Media Highlights
- 9 •Closing Commentary
•Top Stories of the Week
- WWE announced that WrestleMania 36 shall be occurring at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. Raymond James Stadium is the home stadium of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Jim Ross announced on his podcast that he won’t be resigning with WWE when his contract expires at the finish of March. Ross stated that he and Vince McMahon spoke and mutually agreed to half methods. Ross additionally stated that he didn’t assume he can be out of a job for long. Many assume he’s talking about being an announcer for AEW, but that has not been confirmed right now.
- Luke Harper made his return to in ring action at a WWE Live Event in Rochester, N.Y. on Saturday. Rochester is Harper’s hometown, which may be why he was at that show. As a result of Rochester is his hometown, the very fact it was a Uncooked Live Event he wrestled on and never a Smackdown Live Event may be coincidence and not noteworthy relating to the place he might end up on television.
- WWE Introduced Harlem Heat as the fourth inductees into the WWE Corridor of Fame on Monday. This yr’s class now consists of Degeneration X, Honkey Tonk Man, Torrie Wilson, and Harlem Warmth.
- Bobby Lashley gained again the Intercontinental Championship on Uncooked this week.
- Kurt Angle announced on Monday that his farewell match might be at WrestleMania this yr. His opponent has not been announced.
- The WWE Efficiency Middle announced three new signings on Monday this week. Robert Strauss, Stokely Hathaway, and Cal Bloom have all joined the WWE.
•WWE Weekly Event Outcomes
WWE Live Event – Uncooked Roster (Rochester, N.Y.) 3/9/19
(1) Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) defeated Nia Jax & Tamina to retain the Ladies’s Tag Staff Championships
(2) Luke Harper beat Mojo Rawley
(3) Drew McIntyre defeated Dean Ambrose
(4) Natalya & Dana Brooke beat Alexa Bliss & Lacey Evans
(5) Finn Balor (c) defeated Bobby Lashley to retain the Intercontinental Championship
(6) The Revival (c) beat Bobby Roode & Chad Gable to retain the Raw Tag Group Championships in a Two-out-of-Three Falls match
(7) Ronda Rousey (c) beat Ruby Riott to retain the Uncooked Ladies’s Championship
(8) Braun Strowman defeated Baron Corbin in a No Disqualification match
WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster (Detroit, Mich.) three/9/19
(1) Samoa Joe (c) beat Jeff Hardy to retain the USA Championship
(2) Nikki Cross defeated Sonya Deville
(3) The New Day beat The Bar and Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura
(4) Rey Mysterio beat Andrade (w/ Zelina Vega)
(5) Daniel Bryan (c) (w/ Rowan) beat Mustafa Ali to retain the WWE Championship
(6) Carmella & Naomi defeated The IIconics
(7) Asuka (c) beat Mandy Rose to retain the Smackdown Ladies’s Championship
(8) A.J. Types beat Randy Orton
For those who attend a live event, please send outcomes to [email protected] Thanks!
•WWE TV Match Results
WWE Fastlane (Aired on WWE Network) 3/10/19
(1) The New Day (Huge E & Xavier Woods) beat Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev (w/ Lana)
(1) The Usos (c) defeated The Miz & Shane McMahon to retain the Smackdown Tag Staff Championships when The Miz was pinned by Jey Uso. Shane attacked The Miz after the match.
(2) Asuka (c) beat Mandy Rose (w/ Sonya Deville) to retain the Smackdown Ladies’s Championship. The pinfall got here after Mandy tripped on the ring apron that Sonya had lifted into the ring while she was on the lookout for a kendo stick underneath the ring. Mandy was upset with Sonya, nevertheless it didn’t appear to be they have been breaking up.
(three) The Bar beat Kofi Kingston in a Two-on-One Handicap match. Kofi got here to the ring considering he was getting added to the WWE Championship match, but Kofi was tricked by Vince McMahon into this two-on-one beat down.
(4) The Revival (c) beat Ricochet & Aleister Black and Chad Gable & Bobby Roode to retain the Uncooked Tag Group Championship when Gable was pinned after the Shatter Machine
(5) Samoa Joe (c) beat Andrade (w/ Zelina Vega), R-Fact (w/ Carmella), & Rey Mysterio in a Fatal 4-Approach match to retain america Championship
(6) Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) beat Nia Jax & Tamina to retain the Ladies’s Tag Staff Championships
(7) Daniel Bryan (c) (w/ Rowan) defeated Kevin Owens & Mustafa Ali to retain the WWE Championship when Bryan pinned Ali. The ring announcer introduced that this match was a triple-menace right earlier than Owens and Bryan made their entrances. Ali then got here out as the surprise third competitor in the match.
(eight) Becky Lynch defeated Charlotte by way of Disqualification when Ronda Rousey hit Becky Lynch as soon as causing the DQ, it was not a beat down angle in any respect. Ronda simply ran out to hit Becky once to deliberately cause the disqualification. With the disqualification victory, Becky has been added to the Uncooked Ladies’s Championship at WrestleMania.
(9) The Defend beat Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley, & Baron Corbin when Roman pinned Corbin after a Triple Powerbomb
Monday Night time Raw TV Outcomes three/11/19
(1) Seth Rollins beat Shelton Benjamin
(2) Bobby Lashley defeated Finn Balor to win the Intercontinental Championship. Lio Rush would not initially come to the ring with Lashley, however would come by way of the gang to distract Balor, leading to the pinfall.
(3) Aleister Black & Ricochet beat Bobby Roode & Chad Gable
(four) Nia Jax (w/ Tamina) beat Natalya (w/ Beth Phoenix) by way of disqualification
(5) Kurt Angle defeated Apollo Crews
(6) Drew McIntyre beat Dean Ambrose in a No Disqualification, No Rely-out, Falls Rely Anyplace match
Smackdown Live TV Results three/12/19
(1) Aleister Black, Ricochet, & The Hardy Boys vs. Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura, & The Bar ends in a No Contest after The New Day interfered by attacking the heel group of Rusev, Nakamura, & The Bar
(2) Asuka defeated Sonya Deville (w/ Mandy Rose) after Mandy Rose pulled the ring apron causing Sonya to slip.
(3) Rey Mysterio & R-Fact (w/ Carmella) beat Samoa Joe & Andrade (w/ Zelina Vega) when Rey pinned Joe
(4) Daniel Bryan & Rowan defeated Kevin Owens & Mustafa Ali when Rowan pinned Ali
205 Live Outcomes (Aired on WWE Community) 3/12/19
(1) Cedric Alexander beat Oney Lorcan
(2) Tony Nese defeated Drew Gulak
– Alexander and Nese will face off subsequent week, the winner will problem Buddy Murphy for the Cruiserweight Championship at WrestleMania.
WWE Primary Event (Aired on Hulu and WWE Network) three/14/19
(1) Tyler Breeze beat EC3
(2) Lucha Home Celebration defeated Jinder Mahal & The Singh Brothers
Source: WKPWP Publish-Uncooked On-website correspondent
•Upcoming Lineups for Stadium/PPV Events
WWE WrestleMania on April 7 from New York Metropolis, N.Y.
– Alexa Bliss introduced because the host of WrestleMania
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch for the Raw Ladies’s Championship
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship
- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. TBD for the Cruiserweight Championship
- Triple H vs. Batista in a No Holds Barred match
- Kurt Angle vs. TBD in Kurt Angle’s ultimate match
- Shane McMahon vs. The Miz
Fri. three/15/19 WWE Live Event – Uncooked Roster, Rogers Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Sat. 3/16/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, 5 Flags Middle, Dubuque, Iowa
Sat. three/16/19 WWE Live Event – Uncooked Roster, Fiserv Discussion board, Milwaukee, Wis.
Solar. 3/17/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, Peoria Civic Middle, Peoria, Unwell.
Solar. three/17/19 WWE Live Event – Uncooked Roster, Resch Middle, Green Bay, Wis.
Mon. three/18/19 WWE Raw, Allstate Area, Chicago, Ailing.
Mon. 3/18/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, BMO Harris Bank Middle, Rockford, Ailing.
Tue. three/19/19 WWE Smackdown, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, Ind.
Fri. 3/22/19 WWE Live Event – Raw Roster, Remedy Insurance coverage Area, Trenton, N.J.
Sat. three/23/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, First Area, Elimra, N.Y.
Sat. three/23/19 WWE Live Event – Uncooked Roster, Adirondack Bank Middle, Utica, N.Y.
Sun. three/24/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, Keybank Middle, Buffalo, N.Y.
Solar. 3/24/19 WWE Live Event – Raw Roster, Mullins Middle, Amherst, Mass.
Mon. three/25/19 WWE Uncooked, TD Garden, Boston, Mass.
Mon. 3/25/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, PPL Middle, Allentown, Pa.
Tue. three/26/19 WWE Smackdown, Mohegan Solar Area, Uncasville, Conn.
Fri. 3/29/19 WWE Live Event – Supershow, Japanese Kentucky Expo Middle, Pikeville, Ky.
Sat 3/30/19 WWE Live Event – Supershow, Wesbanco Area, Wheeling, W.Va.
Sun. 3/31/19 WWE Live Event – Supershow, Big Middle, Hershey, Pa.
Mon. 4/1/19 WWE Uncooked, Capital One Area, Washington, D.C.
Mon. 4/1/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, Berglund Middle, Roanoke, Va.
Tue. 4/2/19 WWE Smackdown, Royal Farms Area, Baltimore, Md.
Solar. four/7/19 WWE WrestleMania, Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.
Mon. 4/eight/19 WWE Uncooked, Barclays Middle, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Tue. four/9/19 WWE Smackdown, Barclays Middle, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Mon. 4/15/19 WWE Raw, Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tue. four/16/19 WWE Smackdown, Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Fri. 4/19/19 WWE Live Event – Raw Roster, Enterprise Middle, St. Louis, Mo.
Sat. four/20/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, Alliant Power Middle, Madison, Wis.
Sat. four/20/19 WWE Live Event – Raw Roster, Bank of Springfield Middle, Springfield, Ailing.
Solar. four/21/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, Mayo Civic Middle, Rochester, Minn.
Sun. four/21/19 WWE Live Event – Uncooked Roster, Tax Slayer Middle, Moline, Sick.
Mon. four/22/19 WWE Uncooked, Wells Fargo Middle, Des Moines, Iowa
Mon. 4/22/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, Sioux Metropolis, Iowa
Tue. 4/23/19 WWE Smackdown, Pinnacle Financial institution Area, Lincoln, Neb.
Mon. four/29/19 WWE Raw, Rupp Area, Lexington, Ky.
Mon. three/29/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, Huge Sandy Superstore Area, Huntington, W.Va.
Tue. four/30/19 WWE Smackdown, Schottenstein Middle, Columbus, Ohio
Solar. 5/5/19 WWE Live Event – Uncooked Roster, Ford Middle Evansville, Evansville, Ind.
Mon. 5/6/19 WWE Uncooked, U.S. Financial institution Area, Cincinnati, Ohio
Mon. 5/6/19 WWE Live Event – Smackdown Roster, The Corbin Area, Corbin, Ky.
Tue. 5/7/19 WWE Smackdown
Wed. 5/eight/19 WWE Live Event – Raw Roster, WWE Area, Belfast, Northern Ireland
•Newest TV Highlights
Monday Night time Raw
- Bobby Lashley regained the Intercontinental Championship from Finn Balor tonight. Lashley got here to the ring alone, however Lio Rush would ultimately make an look. As Finn Balor went for the Coup de Grace, Lio would come via the gang and start ringing the bell frantically to distract Balor earlier than he jumped. Balor would chase him for a second earlier than leaping back into the ring. As Balor jumped into the ring, Lashley hit him with a spear mid-air and would get the three rely.
- The Defend opened Raw this week to “give their farewell address” as WWE put it. The announcement itself wasn’t something of word. Roman stated he had enterprise to deal with, and introduced he was going to have his first singles match in 5 months tonight. Roman stated Dean has business to handle too, but they don’t know what that’s. Roman would then speak about Seth and his match with Brock at WrestleMania, then Roman and Dean would go away Seth alone in the ring. Seth would then start speaking about WrestleMania, but Paul Heyman would interrupt. The 2 would speak forwards and backwards until Shelton Benjamin would assault Rollins from behind. Rollins and Benjamin would have a match while Heyman joined the commentary table for the match. On commentary, Heyman stated that Lesnar can be on Raw next week on account of Michael Cole’s feedback about him in the course of the match. Seth would ultimately beat Benjamin with The Stomp. Later within the night time, Roman got here out for his match, however Drew McIntyre would attack him from behind earlier than Corbin came out. After a radical beat down, Seth would come down to assist Roman back to the training room. Dean would meet them there and as Seth and Roman went into the training room, Dean would see Triple H and demand a match with McIntyre. Triple H made the match and it started proper after this. They might brawl across the area, but McIntyre would ultimately get the upper hand by grabbing a pencil off the announcer’s desk and jamming it into Dean’s face. McIntyre would score the pin after wedging Dean right into a stairwell and hitting him with a Claymore Kick.
- Triple H and Batista would face off in a slightly awkward phase. Batista was standing on the stage with a wall of security whereas Triple H was within the ring. The 2 would argue forwards and backwards, Batista stored saying “Give me what I want” whereas Triple H was threatening to beat him up and saying “I’m not giving you a damn thing.” Inexplicably Triple H would give Batista precisely what he needed, a match at WrestleMania. Triple H would add the caveat that the match can be on his phrases before saying it’ll be a No Holds Barred match.
- Kofi Kingston will get a chance subsequent week to qualify for WrestleMania. Vince McMahon came to the ring and began off by saying he gave Kofi a chance to compete but he failed on Sunday after which pointed out that he didn’t specifically say he was being added to the WWE Championship match (I feel he technically did and by chance flubbed a line, but that’s irrelevant). The New Day interrupted and Massive E stated “If I’m being honest, we’re not in the mood for you to teach us a damn thing.” Xavier and Massive E tried telling Vince Kofi deserves the opportunity and Vince responded saying no one deserves something, not even him. Ultimately, Vince stated Kofi isn’t championship caliber, and he’ll someday go into the WWE Corridor of Fame, however as a member of New Day, not alone. Kofi ultimately spoke for himself and advised Vince he isn’t in search of a handout. Kofi went on to speak about all he’s completed for WWE, lacking birthdays, holidays, and saying he even missed his son dropping his first tooth last week, however he never complains. He then requested Vince to tell him what he needed to do to get the Championship match. Randy Orton’s music played and Vince stated all he needed to do was beat this man. Then Samoa Joe came out, then the Bar, then Rowan. After each man Vince added “and beat this man.” After Rowan got here out with Daniel Bryan Vince stated that Kofi would wish to beat all of these men in a Gauntlet match subsequent week and he’ll be going to WrestleMania. Smackdown went off the air as The New Day obtained the higher of all five men Kofi might be dealing with next week.
- Randy Orton and A.J. Types confronted off tonight. Randy came to the ring and stated he wanted to get one thing off his chest. He then started questioning A.J. on Smackdown being “the house that A.J. Styles built.” Randy then mockingly started evaluating his timeline in wrestling to Types’ saying that in 2002 Randy made his WWE debut while Types was wrestling for $10 an evening in a highschool health club in entrance of 12 individuals. In 2005 Types was wrestling in Florida “getting a tan with Dixie Carter” while Orton was wrestling Undertaker at WrestleMania. Randy completed this timeline by saying Smackdown is the home that Randy Orton constructed. A.J. then came out and stated guys like Randy couldn’t have survived the indies particularly doing things like Orton’s signature pose and “a knockoff Diamond Cutter.” Types then identified that Orton has been a member of lots of teams together with Evolution, Legacy, Rated RKO, and even The Wyatt Family noting that “it sounds to me like you’ve had a lot of babysitters.” Orton then began talking about being the owner of Smackdown and lease being due and make the take a look at to R-Okay-O (sort of cheesy). This lead to A.J. challenging Randy to a match at WrestleMania, however that match has not yet been made official.
- Becky and Charlotte also spoke about their match with Ronda. Becky got here out first and talked about setting this complete match in motion by choosing Ronda, but Charlotte acquired shoehorned in by Vince, then Becky was suspended a couple of occasions and arrested and ultimately earned her approach back into the match. Becky addressed Ronda inflicting the D.Q. end on Sunday and played it up as if it was her master plan all along. Becky stated “Lads, lads, do you know how hard it is to play mind games on a woman with no brain?” She then stated she obtained Ronda so wound up she did her bidding for her by getting her put again in the WrestleMania match. Charlotte came out and sarcastically congratulated Becky. Charlotte then stated it’s one factor to be scorching for six months, however she’s been scorching for 4 years and that’s why Vince selected her to get the job completed. She stated Becky can spin it nevertheless she needs, but she was given a handout on Sunday and never in her life has she seen somebody achieve this little, but take credit score for a lot. Becky interrupted by saying “Shut your face, you plastic-faced dope” then telling Charlotte that in 4 years she didn’t do something with the women’s division and now that The Man has come around they’re going to important event WrestleMania.
•Take heed to the newest Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Publish-Show – Smackdown Publish-Show
PWTorch editor Wade Keller is joined by ProWrestling.internet’s Jake Barnett as they talk about WWE Smackdown with live callers first, then an on-website correspondent from Dayton, Ohio adopted by a mailbag phase. They speak about Vince McMahon giving Kofi a chance, Shane McMahon explains his motivations, A.J. Types and Randy Orton make individuals care about their match, Becky Lynch verbally spars with Charlotte and takes digs at Ronda Rousey, and more Fastlane fallout and WrestleMania…
-On Tune In Radio HERE
-On Apple Podcasts HERE
-Or search “Wade Keller” in your podcast app of selection
•WWE Social Media Highlights
WWE introduced on Thursday last week that Tampa, Florida can be the host of WrestleMania 36 subsequent yr. Hulk Hogan, Stephanie McMahon, Titus O’Neil, Triple H, Charlotte, and Roman Reigns all spoke through the event. Here is a hyperlink to the video that streamed live.
Ronda, behind her new heel persona, has gotten even more insane on Twitter. She posted this video to her personal YouTube channel and it received fairly a bit of attention because she’s claiming she didn’t go together with the script on Monday, and gained’t do what WWE tells her to do anymore. It isn’t PG rated, she curses quite a bit, so only a warning concerning the robust language!
Multiple wrestlers reacted to the Ronda video:
Can someone please remind Captain Badass here that her final two fights earlier than coming to WWE ended together with her unconscious and sobbing within the cage?
Four years ago, you have been untouchable. Now? Not a lot.
You’re a class act, @RondaRousey
— Charlotte Flair (@MsCharlotteWWE) March eight, 2019
Lol my body is sore on a regular basis … that’s not pretend. That’s real. https://t.co/xDMrhU2KIK
— LIV Morgan 👅💙 (@YaOnlyLivvOnce) March 8, 2019
Ronda’s new character isn’t actual. She is enjoying a badass but we all know she ain’t in REAL LIFE
— All May Massive Rüs (@RusevBUL) March eight, 2019
I’m not an enormous fan of Aleister Black speaking on the mic all the time. I feel he can be more fascinating if he was just a silent murderer sort of character, but this burn on Lana was unimaginable.
A dream workforce?We have now Aleister who is so unusual & insecure he needed to tattoo his complete body to fit in with the misfits. Ricochet who just flips everywhere in the ring with no emotion like the cirque du soleil & then we now have the legends…THE HARDY’s returning for the 17000th time!YAY https://t.co/exgTDj4B8p
— Lana Day (@LanaWWE) March 12, 2019
Fascinating words from someone who’s body is 90% “enhanced”. https://t.co/OVNWoSfNlA
— Devil’s Blood (@WWEAleister) March 12, 2019
Body shaming? Oh no my easily triggered pretend outraged good friend, I am calling on the paradox that may be a person who needs to do what she needs to do to her physique telling another individual that desires to do to his physique that he’s insecure for doing so. Pot and kettle https://t.co/UCF4MgM67t
— Satan’s Blood (@WWEAleister) March 12, 2019
The Usos and The Hardy’s are teasing a tag staff championship feud on Twitter. That may be a fun WrestleMania match up. Bully Ray/Bubby Ray appeared to take exception to The Usos claiming to be higher than Group 3D
THE ONE TEAM WHO HAS NOT BEEN LOCKEDDOWN……”WELCOME” https://t.co/zuUzcbU66s
— The Usos (@WWEUsos) March 7, 2019
#HouseHardy appears ahead to visiting Da Uso Pen….VERY SOON.
They’ve all tried to maintain us locked down for 27 years–From the LOD to DX to the APA to E&C to the Dudz to the Bar to the Bucks of Youth. No one’s achieved it but.
You are “WELCOME” to The Hardy Compound too, brudahs. pic.twitter.com/uq0fIzD9DC
— Matt Hardy, REDEFINED (@MATTHARDYBRAND) March 7, 2019
LOD, DX,APA,E&C, DUDZ, BAR….good groups….however we “THE DAMN USOS!!!!! #TheTruTagTeam https://t.co/jhRwgpwiYW
— The Usos (@WWEUsos) March eight, 2019
I received your “good” right right here Uce… pic.twitter.com/pGHvOKOPXm
— Bully Ray (@bullyray5150) March 9, 2019
RUN IT. https://t.co/8bkn0NGWD0
— The Usos (@WWEUsos) March 11, 2019
The New Day continue to be outspoken on Twitter. Figuring out them, it’s in storyline they usually’re not talking out in real frustration, however I nonetheless benefit from the complaints.
Glad I opened twitter right now or else I wouldn’t have recognized that we’ve a match this Sunday https://t.co/VlqGQ8BxsI
— ✈️ GDC Wed/Thurs✈️ (@XavierWoodsPhD) March 8, 2019
Also, I assume this is match will probably be to crown the #1 contenders to the tag titles? 😁 can someone right here on the internet let me know whats on the road pls, Kthxbye https://t.co/VlqGQ8BxsI
— ✈️ GDC Wed/Thurs✈️ (@XavierWoodsPhD) March 8, 2019
This doing the best thing clearly ain’t it. Perhaps we have to knock over a liquor store or one thing to be a star right here…Please ship me your petty crimes strategies.
— Florida Man (@WWEBigE) March 11, 2019
DM me https://t.co/R0AiJkChSH
— Randy Orton (@RandyOrton) March 11, 2019
I’m unsure what Vince was making an attempt to accomplish last night time, however one thing turned very clear: He does not need to see me as WWE Champion.
After 11 years, I lastly have your attention…and I’m not going away. See you Tuesday @VinceMcMahon 😉
— KOFI (@TrueKofi) March 11, 2019
Never that. Then they win.
— KOFI (@TrueKofi) March 11, 2019
So, throughout Fastlane, WWE tried one thing new. That they had a watch alongside that was free to everybody even without the WWE Network. I didn’t watch it, but I did see this clip from Pat McAfee’s twitter. There’s no want to elucidate this, just watch…
What a completely magical second between @DashWilderWWE and @ScottDawsonWWE #ftr #WWEFastlane #WatchAlong pic.twitter.com/8Gv0EU5liY
— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) March 11, 2019
Another superior promo by Becky backstage after Ronda prompted the disqualification that put her again in the WrestleMania match.
EXCLUSIVE: @BeckyLynchWWE is heading to #WrestleMania and has every intention of chasing @RondaRousey OUT of WWE. #WWEFastlane pic.twitter.com/mVQNXNmzez
— WWE (@WWE) March 11, 2019
What on the planet has WWE carried out to Finn Balor? The Inaugural Common Champion has grow to be an absolute joke! He’s in a by no means-ending feud with Bobby Lashley and he continues to seem like a idiot.
First, he comes out the night time after the Royal Rumble and provides a fairly weak promo that principally says “I almost had you Brock! Oh well,” which is insane, then Lashley randomly assaults him that night time. Okay, I assumed that this might be a cool feud for the Intercontinental Championship. Boy, was I mistaken. Quick ahead to the Uncooked before Elimination Chamber the place we find out that Lio Rush goes to be added to the match for a two-on-one handicap match. The announcers harped on what an advantage that’s for Finn. What?! How is a two-on-one handicap match useful for the child face? You’re utterly undermining him by saying silly stuff like that. Lio Rush isn’t a typical supervisor; he’s an lively wrestler who, for quite some time, was undefeated on 205 Live! Then to make matters worse, they’ve Balor win the title at Elimination Chamber BY PINNING LIO RUSH?! You’ve received to be kidding! Might you do any more to undermine Finn’s character than to have him “triumphantly” win the championship by having him pin the non-champion defending the championship? It’s insane!
So we move forward to Fastlane. Automated rematch clauses aren’t a thing, until they are, as a result of Bobby Lashley obtained a rematch. Lashley did pin Balor on the three/four/19 edition of Raw, so perhaps that was the justification, and I simply don’t keep in mind that being explicitly stated, so I’m not going to harp on this point. Shifting on… At Fastlane last Sunday, Finn Balor loses again. How does he lose? Lio Rush rings the bell mid-match, inflicting a distraction. This distraction isn’t what value Finn the match, though; as an alternative of ignoring Rush, Balor decides to abandon completing the Coup de Grace for the potential win to chase Lio Rush round like they’re in an episode of Tom & Jerry. When Finn finally turns his consideration again to Lashley, he gets in the ring and eats a Spear for the loss. Just unbelievable!
I’d wish to point out that if Lio ringing the bell had been the distraction that value Balor the match, I’d truly perceive and not assume that Balor appears like an entire dope. The bell ringing is an audible distraction and it will be confusing as a result of it does sign the top of a match, identical to an inadvertent whistle in a football or basketball recreation causes everyone to cease and look around to figure out what happened. As an alternative of doing that affordable distraction finish, let’s make Finn Balor appear to be an idiot chasing across the heel supervisor. I simply don’t perceive why they’ve achieved this to Balor.
I assume this will lead to a last rematch at WrestleMania and we might even get The Demon for it, however I can’t even fake to be excited for it. The Demon is all the time cool to see, but Finn is going to tug out The Demon because he can’t pin Lashley for the title, or keep disciplined sufficient to not be easily distracted? Meanwhile he didn’t come out as The Demon for his last two Common Championship alternatives. That makes no storyline sense at all. Even if Balor pins Lashley and wins the championship at WrestleMania, it’s not exactly a huge triumphant second that everyone has been ready for as a result of they’ve booked this angle horribly! Each of these guys deserve better, and the Intercontinental Championship deserves better too. The Intercontinental Championship has changed palms 3 times in three months. The Miz made the Intercontinental Championship invaluable once more, and all of that has been utterly undone in my eyes as a result of they only hold buying and selling it forwards and backwards.
NOW CHECK OUT OTHER WEEKLY OVERVIEWS HERE.
OR JUMP TO LAST WEEK’S WWE OVERVIEW: WEEKLY OVERVIEW – WWE (through 3/6): Top stories of week, major show lineups, live event outcomes, schedule of live events, noteworthy social media posts, more