STABBINGS in the capital have risen 16 per cent in 2018 as knife crime surges throughout the UK.
As violent attacks unfold from cities to the Residence Counties, The Solar On-line takes a take a look at the harrowing statistics which might be growing by the day.
Knife crime in Britain is on the rise – with London particularly seeing unprecedented numbers of stabbings
What number of stabbings have there been in London this yr?
Figures from London’s Metropolitan police confirmed that knife crime has surged by 16 per cent in the capital — as Britain’s crime epidemic continues.
Excluding these killed in terror attacks like London Bridge, Westminster and Manchester, there was nonetheless a 12 per cent rise in murders — the very best numbers in a decade.
The entire variety of offences involving a knife or bladed instrument which were recorded by cops in the yr to March 2018 rose to 40,147, a seven-year-high.
There have been 1,299 stabbings in London as much as the top of April, in accordance with official statistics from the Met Police.
A glut of cocaine flooding the nation has been partly blamed for the nation’s violent crime.
In February greater than 250 knives and swords have been seized throughout London in only one week and 283 individuals, lots of them youngsters, have been arrested for carrying them.
By August, stabbings have been reported on an almost every day foundation because the summer time stabbing spree continued.
Two males in their 20s have been discovered with “slash wounds” in Kensington Excessive Road in West London on June 11.
On the identical day, a man in his early 20s was left preventing for his life after being stabbed in Bermondsey, South London.
And on June 12, a person in his 20s was knifed outdoors Tesco in Kensington, West London, and taken to hospital with stab wounds.
5 days later, a 15-year-old was rushed to hospital after being stabbed a number of occasions in South East London.
On July 2 a teenage boy was stabbed in the abdomen with a 10-inch kitchen knife on a busy Islington road.
Ten days later Katerina Makunova, 17, was discovered lifeless in a block of flats in Camberwell after a broad daylight assault.
Witnesses desperately tried to provide her first assist earlier than paramedics arrived however she was pronounced lifeless lower than an hour later.
A person believed to be in his 40s was stabbed inside a Leicester Sq. on line casino on July 16. The incident befell simply earlier than 5pm.
London’s air ambulance service flew a person to hospital after he was stabbed in Mill Hill, North London on July 22.
On August 1, a 23-year-old was stabbed to demise in Camberwell.
The sufferer, who was rapper in the drill group Moscow17, was recognized solely by his stage identify, Incognito.
Two different males have been additionally stabbed and have been taken to hospital.
On August 5, 2018, a person in his 20s was discovered lifeless with a number of knife wounds in Cambridge Gardens, Kingston-Upon-Thames.
On August 17, a teen was “disembowelled with a machete” in Camberwell in a 30-strong gang struggle.
And that very same day a 42-year-old man was stabbed to demise in Waltham Forest, East London, resulting in the arrest of a 16-year-old boy and a 35-year-old lady.
On August 24, a 23-year-old was left in essential situation after being knifed in Tulse Hill, South London in a broad daylight assault.
The identical day a lady in her 60s was stabbed on Chariot Shut round 9.50pm and was taken to hospital with non-life threatening accidents.
Homicide squad detectives are investigating whether or not an assault on a person who was stabbed to dying might have been sparked by a row breaking out in a close-by bar.
Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali, 26, was appearing as a “peacemaker” as he stepped in to settle down an argument earlier than being murdered in Shoreditch, East London.
Paul Edwards – The Solar
The newest stabbing occurred in Romford, the place a teen was stabbed outdoors a Lidl grocery store
On Sunday, August 26, a 57-year-old lady was stabbed a number of occasions at round eight.30pm and was taken to hospital, however her accidents weren’t believed to be life threatening.
On August 27, Ivor Collingwood-Williams, 36 of Bow, was charged with two counts of grievous bodily hurt with intent and two counts of possession of an offensive weapon.
The identical day a person was stabbed on the ultimate day of the Notting Hill Carnival.
On August 28, a person in his 30s was rushed to hospital with knife wounds after a road struggle in Camden, North London at 1.30am.
On September 5, a teen was rushed to hospital after receiving a number of stab wounds in a knife assault in Islington.
On November 2, a 17-year-old boy died after being stabbed outdoors Clapham South Tube station in entrance of horrified commuters. Malcolm Mide-Madariola, from Peckham, was rushed to a hospital in South London however was pronounced lifeless shortly after. A 17-year-old boy was later charged with homicide and two different males, each 18, have been arrested on suspicion of homicide.
On Bonfire Night time, November 5, 2018, a 16-year-old boy, named as John Ogunjobi, was stabbed to dying in Tulse Hill, South London.
The teenager’s dying marked the 250th deadly stabbing in the UK.
He was recognized to be an area drill rapper referred to as JaySav and part of a gang referred to as Decrease Tulse Hill (LTH) who rapped about medicine and violence.
On November 10, a person in his 30s was rushed to hospital after being stabbed in Crouch Hill, North London.
The person was rushed to hospital for remedy, however police later stated his accidents weren’t life threatening.
On November 19, 4 males in their 20s have been discovered with stab wounds in Edmonton.
On November 20, a teen was rushed to hospital after being stabbed in broad daylight outdoors a Lidl grocery store in Romford.
Three days later a British Transport Police officer was knifed outdoors Ilford Station at 9.45pm.
The officer was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service for his accidents, which aren’t considered life-threatening.
A person has been arrested and police are asking for witnesses to get in contact.
On November 24, a person in his 20s was fatally stabbed in Hackney as he tried to defuse a battle outdoors a bar.
On December eight an 18-year-old man was killed in a stabbing in Greenwich.
Aron Warren, named regionally as Aron Murray, was stabbed at round 9.40pm, inside a flat and died 40 minutes later.
On December 11, Jay Sewell, 18, was knifed to dying in South London. The bloodshed noticed 5 individuals arrested. It got here simply days after Aron Warren, additionally 18, was murdered three miles away in Greenwich.
And on December 22, a person was stabbed to demise in Haringey, North London and died later in hospital.
The next day, A 25-year-old man was stabbed in Tottenham, North London at about 1.20am and died on the hospital.
Then, on December 27, a 16-year-old was stabbed in Hendon, North London.
Stabbings in London in 2018
- January 1 – Steve Frank Navarez-Jara, 20, Islington
- January three – Elizabeta Lacatusu, 44, Redbridge
- January eight – Daniel Frederick, 34, died in Hackney
- January 9 – Dami Odeyingbo, 18, stabbed in Bromley
- January 11 – Harry Uzoka, 25, killed in Shepherd’s Bush
- January 28 – Yaya Mbye, 26, stabbed in Stoke Newington
- January 29 – Juan Olmos Saca, 39, stabbed in Peckham
- January 31 – Khader Saleh, 25, stabbed at Wormwood Scrubs jail
- February three – Hasan Ozcan, 19, knifed in Barking
- February three – Kwabena Nelson, a youth employee, died after being stabbed close to his house in Tottenham
- February eight – Hannah Leonard, 55, stabbed in a flat in Camden
- February 11 – Sabri Chibani, 19, stabbed in Streatham
- February 13 – Saeeda Hussain, 54, stabbed in Ilford
- February 14 – Lord Promise Nkenda, 17, stabbed in Canning City
- February 18 – Lewis Blackman, 19, knifed in Kensington
- February 19 – Rotimi Oshibanjo, 26, stabbed in Southall
- February 20 – Sadiq Mohammed, 20, stabbed in Camden
- February 20 – Abdikarim Hassan, 17, stabbed in Camden
- February 25 – Michael Boyle, 44, stabbed in the chest
- March 1 – Christopher Beaumont, 42, stabbed in Hammersmith
- March 5 – Laura Figueira, 47, stabbed in Twickenham
- March 5 – Kelva Smith, 20, knifed in Croydon
- March 14 – Lyndon Davis, 18, stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- March 16 – Naomi Hersi, 36, discovered with stab wounds at lodge close to Heathrow Airport
- March 17 – Russell Jones, 23, stabbed in Enfield
- March 18 – Tyrone Silcott, 41, stabbed in Hackney
- March 19 – Balbir Johal, 48, knifed in Southall
- March 19 – A 41-year-old was stabbed to dying in Waltham Forest
- March 20 – Beniamin Pieknyi, 21, stabbed at Stratford buying centre
- March 26 – David Potter, 50, stabbed in Tooting
- March 29 – Reece Tshoma, 23, stabbed in Plumstead
- March 30 – Leyla Mtumwa, 36, discovered with stab wounds at a house in Haringey
- April 1 – A 20-year-old was stabbed in Wandsworth
- April four – A 38-year-old man was stabbed at a home in Lewisham
- April four – Israel Ogunsola, 18, was stabbed to dying in Hackney on four April. Police have been alerted by a motorist and carried out first help however the teenager died on the scene
- April 5 – 5 youngsters and one man have been stabbed in London inside an area of 24 hours. One of many victims was aged 13 and left preventing for his life
- April 9 – A person in his 70s was stabbed 4 occasions and robbed as he returned to his Harold Hill residence after amassing his pension
- April 12 – A lady in her 20s was arrested after stabbing a person in Isle of Canine on April 12, 2018.
- April 15 – A person named regionally as Raul Nicolaie was knifed to demise simply earlier than 6pm in Colindale, North London.
- April 15 – Samantha Clarke, 38, was stabbed to demise in Brixton, South West London, simply after 6.30pm and police arrested a person in his 20s.
- April 20 – Aaron Springett, 32, died after he was discovered collapsed in Morden, South West London, simply earlier than 1o.30pm. A 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of homicide.
- April 21 – A person, 20, was stabbed to demise in Finsbury Park, north London, as a number one surgeon warned of a “summer of carnage” in the capital
- Might 17 – A person, 24, was stabbed to dying in Crows Street, Barking at round 11.30pm.
- Might 20 – A person in his 20s stabbed in Mitcham, South London
- Might 21 – Marcel Campbell, 20, was stabbed to dying simply yards from Islington city corridor in North London
- Might 30 – A person, believed to be in his 40s, was stabbed to dying in Kensington, West London.
- June 1 – A lady was discovered stabbed to dying in Brent, North West London.
- June 9 – Edmond Jonuzi, 35, was stabbed to demise near Turnpike Land Tube station in North London in what’s believed to be a medicine associated assault.
- June 23 – Jordan Douherty, 15, turns into the youngest to be stabbed in London this yr after being knifed in the guts in Romford, East London.
- June 27 – A person, 20, was stabbed to demise on an property in Edmonton, North London.
- June 30 – 4 individuals have been stabbed on the Storage Nation pageant in East London.
- July 2 – a 14-year-old boy was repeatedly stabbed on Fairbridge Street, Islington
- July 14 – Katerina Makunova, 17, was killed after a stabbing in Camberwell.
- July 25 – An 18-year-old man, Latwaan Griffiths, was stabbed to dying in Camberwell.
- August 1 – Rapper Incognito, 23, was stabbed to demise in Camberwell
- August 1 – Two different males have been additionally stabbed on the scene the place Incognito was killed. They have been taken to hospital.
- August 5 – Man in his 20s fatally stabbed in Cambridge Gardens, Kingston-Upon-Thames.
- August 15 – Nurse Simonne Kerr, 31, was stabbed to dying at her house in Grayshott Street, in Battersea
- August 16 – 4 boys have been stabbed in a “gang knife fight” in Elmington Property, Camberwell – reportedly leaving two “disembowelled” and there have been claims it was over a “belt”
- August 17 – A 42-year-old man was attacked simply earlier than four.40am at a house in Waltham Forest, East London
- August 17 – A 63-year-old man was discovered stabbed to dying in Walworth
- September eight – A person in his 30s was stabbed in Croydon
- September 10 – Lady in 20s stabbed quite a few occasions in the again in broad daylight on Anglesea Street in Woolwich
- September 18 – Man, 25, stabbed to dying in Tufnell Park, North London, “after confronting phone mugger”
- October 2 – Man stabbed on busy London Overground practice travelling to Hackney Central station
- October four – A teen, 15, was repeatedly stabbed throughout a struggle in Enfield, North London
- October 13 – A person, 25, was discovered with knife wounds at Tufnell Park, at round 9.30pm.
- October 24 – A police officer was stabbed in the top with a screwdriver when confronting a suspected burglar in Barnet, north London.
- November 1 – A 15-year-old boy was knifed to dying in Bellingham, South East London
- November 2 – Malcolm Mide-Madariola, 17, was stabbed outdoors Clapham South Tube station earlier than dying in hospital. A 17-year-old boy was later charged with homicide and two different males, each 18, have been arrested on suspicion of homicide
- November 5 – A 16-year-old boy, the drill rapper JaySav, named as John Ogunjobi, was stabbed shortly earlier than midnight in Tulse Hill and died in the road
- November 10 – Man in his 30s rushed to hospital after being discovered with stab wounds in Crouch Hill, North London
- November 19 – 4 males wounded in Edmonton
- November 20 – Teen stabbed in Romford outdoors Lidl in daylight
- November 23 – British Transport Police officer stabbed outdoors Ilford Station
- November 24 – Zakaria Bukar Sharif Ali, 26, was appearing as a “peacemaker” as he stepped in to settle down an argument earlier than being knifed to dying in Shoreditch, East London
- November 29 – A 16-year-old boy was the stabbed in a brutal assault in Hammersmith and rushed to Central London Hospital
- December eight – An 18-year-old collapsed with knife wounds in a flat in Greenwich on Saturday. Named as Aron Warren, recognized regionally as Aron Murray, died 40 minutes later.
- December 11 – Jay Sewell, 18, died after being taken to hospital with stab accidents close to Greenwich.
- December 22 – A person was stabbed to demise in Haringey, North London and died later in hospital.
- December 23 – A 25-year-old man was stabbed in Tottenham, North London at about 1.20am and died on the hospital.
- December 27 – A 16-year-old was stabbed in Hendon, North London.
Britain’s prime 10 pickpocketing hotspots revealed – see the place you are in danger
LOWEST OF THE LOW
Ex-Aston Villa participant batters scholar nurse with SHOE in street rage assault
London bus driver injured after gunman opens hearth outdoors Tube Station
LUCKY TO SURVIVE
Horror second boy despatched flying 40ft via the air after being hit by automotive
YOU LET HIM DOWN’
Decide slams ‘depraved cruelty’ of teenage dad who killed child son
‘HE WAS NORMAL’
Who’s Adnan Syed and is he nonetheless in jail?
Are stabbings on the rise?
Knife crime throughout the nation has risen by a staggering 21 per cent in the 12 months to September 2017, in line with quarterly figures launched by the Workplace of Nationwide Statistics.
Stabbings in London are at their highest degree in six years, with a 23 per cent rise from the earlier yr.
General, crime had continued to fall in England and Wales, according to the overall development because the mid-1990s.
We pay on your tales! Do you have got a narrative for The Solar On-line information staff? E mail us at [email protected] or name 0207 782 4368 . You possibly can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for movies too. Click on right here to add yours.